1. Amul Masti butter milk – 2.5 cups
2. Gram flour /Besan – 1 cup
3. ginger/green chili paste – 2 tsps
4. Salt to taste
5. Lemon juice to taste
6. Coriander for garnish
1. Oil – 1 tbsp
2. Mustard seeds – 2 tsps
3. Cumin seeds – 2 tsps
4. Asafetida – 2 pinches
- Mix Besan, Buttermilk, ginger&green chili paste, salt, lime juice.
- Ensure there are no lumps in the batter. This will be a very runny.
- ]Take a Wok. Add 1 tsp of oil. Add the batter prepared above
- Turn the heat on.
- Stir continuously till the mixture thickens and starts leaving side.
- Turn the heat to lowest.
- Take 2 medium ladles full of the thickened batter and spread on the prepared tins.
- Spread as thin as possible and allow to cool
- Cut long strips of the spread batter on the plate
- Roll the stripes in Khandvi shape
- Heat oil in the tadka pan
- Add mustard seeds. Allow to splutter completely
- Add cumin seeds. Allow to turn light brown
- Add asafetida
Now spread this seasoning evenly on the khandvis. Top with chopped green coriander